- 12/9 Monday 8:15 – Parent Yoga in K3 with Erin (also Thursdasy at 9:10AM in K2 with Heidi)
- 12/10 Tuesday – Running Club at lunch every Tuesday
- 12/13 Friday – Character Counts Assembly
- 12/13 Friday – Report cards go home
- 12/15 Sunday – EEF Legoland Community Day
- 12/18 Wednesday – Restaurant Night at Flippin’ Pizza and Rudy’s Taco Shop
- 12/20 Friday – No School (Flex Prep Day)
- 12/23-1/3 – Winter Break (no school)
- 1/9 Thursday 2:30PM - School Site Council Meeting
- 1/17 Friday 8:15AM – PTA General Meeting in the Media Center
- 1/20 Monday – No School (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- 1/24 Friday 7:30AM – ELAC Meeting
Amazon Associates: We are excited to announce that the LCH PTA is now part of the Amazon Associates Program. Many of us already shop on Amazon, and now, you can easily help our PTA simply by doing your Amazon shopping via our website! CLICK HERE to start your holiday shopping and learn more. LCH PTA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
|| Legoland® Community Day: Legoland® has given EUSD Schools our very own Community Day, Sunday December 15! Our families can purchase discounted park tickets plus an opportunity for an additional day at LEGOLAND®. Tickets will be sold after school on Wednesday (12/11) and Thursday (12/12). If parents send money in with their child, REAL tickets will be sent home with their child (they will not be emailed as in previous years). For more information, please see this flyer or contact us.
From the District:
- EUSD has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program for 2013 to 2015 for its One to One Digital Learning Program. Learn more here.
- Please refer to this document for the EUSD PE Dress Code. Speak with your child’s teacher if you have any questions.
- You have probably heard about the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) that are being fully implemented as of next school year (2014-2015). Our district is working hard to train our staff and begin implementation. EUSD has added a page to its website with multiple links containing a wealth of information about the CCSS. Learn more here.
- You can learn more about our Health and Wellness program by visiting the district’s wellness program page here. Our district is committed to providing your children with an appetizing, nutritious lunch on a daily basis; learn more about the district’s Child Nutrition Services by clicking here. To view the EUSD Parent Brief containing topics covered at the Q&A session with Superintendent Baird and Assistant Superintendent Brady, click here (Spanish version).
- Our district has been able to create a program that maximizes the use of technology to increase students’ engagement in their learning, while providing real time formative and summative data on student performance to teachers. Click here to learn more about the One to One Digital Learning Program.
- Our district’s goal is to become a model for children nationwide in respecting and protecting the world we live in. Learn more about our Green Initiatives by clicking here.
Volunteer Opportunities: Whether you’re a working parent or stay-at-home-parent, whether you’ve never volunteered before or are a veteran volunteer … there’s something here for you! Click here to learn more.
- La Costa Heights has been nominated for 2014 California Distinguished School recognition! Learn more here.
- 2013 STAR Testing Update: Governor Jerry Brown has signed legislation that overhauls future student assessments to align with Common Core standards, and suspends most STAR testing this year. Learn more here.