- 4/7-4/18 - Spring Break (no school), Classes resume 4/21
- 4/23 Wednesday – Strawberry Sales begin and continue for the next 5 Wednesdays after school. Sign up here to help.
- 4/24 Thursday 2:30PM - School Site Council Meeting
- 4/30 Wednesday - Math 24 School Tournament
- 4/30 Wednesday – Restaurant Night at Boudin Bakery
- 5/8 Thursday 2:30PM - School Site Council Meeting
- 5/8 Thursday – Math 24 EUSD Tournament at LCH
- 5/9 Friday – Parents Night Out, “Soireé Olé“
- 5/16 Friday 8:15AM – PTA General Meeting, All are welcome
- 5/23 Friday 7:30AM – ELAC Meeting
- 5/26 Monday – Memorial Day (no school)
- 5/29 Thursday – Art Show & Open House
- Every Monday 8:15AM – Parent Yoga in K3 with Erin
- Every Monday at lunch – Math 24 in 6th grade pod, grades 3-6
- Every Monday through 4/28, 2:30-3:30PM – Math 24 extra practice in 6th grade pod, grades 3-6
- Every Tuesday at lunch – Running Club
- Every Thursday 9:10AM – Parent Yoga in K2 with Heidi
|| Delayed Kinder Enrollment: Information about delayed kindergarten enrollment for the 2014-2015 school year is now available on EUSD’s web site: (i) Delayed Kindergarten Enrollment Update, (ii) Student Registration Information.
Volunteer of the Year: DonorNation’s Volunteer of the Year voting is OPEN until April 24th and our very own Karen Mendoza is in the running to win some great prizes as well as a $5,000 donation for LCH! Please support Karen and our school by voting here. Spread the word, here’s a flyer.
From the District:
- The April and May lunch menus (English and Spanish) are now posted on the EUSD web site.
- Dr. Baird has provided this letter in answer to some of the questions regarding the sale of Pacific View. It is also on the district website along with a chronological history of Pacific View and supporting documents.
- Thursday 2/6 at a press conference at Ocean Knoll Elementary, EUSD was announced as the only district in the state to receive the Green Ribbon Award. This award from the US Department of Education is a huge honor and a testimony to all our staff, students, and parents who have put in countless hours to develop sustainable programs focused on green and health & wellness. Learn more here.
- EUSD has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program for 2013 to 2015 for its One to One Digital Learning Program. Learn more here.
- Please refer to this document for the EUSD PE Dress Code. Speak with your child’s teacher if you have any questions.
- You have probably heard about the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) that are being fully implemented as of next school year (2014-2015). Our district is working hard to train our staff and begin implementation. EUSD has added a page to its website with multiple links containing a wealth of information about the CCSS. Learn more here.
- You can learn more about our Health and Wellness program by visiting the district’s wellness program page here. Our district is committed to providing your children with an appetizing, nutritious lunch on a daily basis; learn more about the district’s Child Nutrition Services by clicking here. To view the EUSD Parent Brief containing topics covered at the Q&A session with Superintendent Baird and Assistant Superintendent Brady, click here (Spanish version).
- Our district has been able to create a program that maximizes the use of technology to increase students’ engagement in their learning, while providing real time formative and summative data on student performance to teachers. Click here to learn more about the One to One Digital Learning Program.
- Our district’s goal is to become a model for children nationwide in respecting and protecting the world we live in. Learn more about our Green Initiatives by clicking here.
- Seven EUSD Schools are Scheduled to Receive Validation Visits for the 2014 California Distinguished School Award. Learn more here.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment – CAASPP Update: This year California students will participate in the new Smarter Balanced Field Test, a trial run of the assessment system that will replace STAR testing. Learn more here.
- Paralympian 2018 hopeful and LCH alumni: Katrina Schaber
- 2013 STAR Testing Update: Governor Jerry Brown has signed legislation that overhauls future student assessments to align with Common Core standards, and suspends most STAR testing this year. Learn more here.