- 3/13 Thursday 2:30PM - School Site Council Meeting
- 3/14 Friday 8:00AM - Jog-A-Thon Pep Rally
- 3/21 Friday 7:30AM - ELAC Meeting
- 3/21 Friday 8:15AM - PTA General Meeting & Elections
- 3/28 Friday - Jog-A-Thon
- 3/31-4/4 - Parent-Teacher Conferences (12:45 dismissal all week)
- 4/7-4/18 - Spring Break (no school), Classes resume 4/21
- 4/24 Thursday 2:30PM - School Site Council Meeting
- 4/30 Wednesday - Math 24 School Tournament
- Every Monday 8:15AM – Parent Yoga in K3 with Erin
- Every Monday at lunch – Math 24 game play, grades 4-6
- Every Tuesday at lunch – Running Club
- Every Thursday 9:10AM – Parent Yoga in K2 with Heidi
Yearbooks are now on sale!
Purchase your yearbook online at www.Balfour.com or print this Order form, complete and turn the form and monies into the blue box in the office. Love Lines CANNOT be purchased online, you must fill out this Love Lines form. Also, if you participated in the fund drive at the Gold, Platinum or VIP level, you will receive a yearbook (or 2 yearbooks for Platinum or VIP). If you have any questions please contact Rachel Miller.
PTA elections are coming up, and the nominating committee has posted its slate of nominees. All are invited to attend the election at the March 21st general meeting.
Parents’ Night Out: Save the date for this year’s Parents’ Night Out. The LCH Soireé Olé will be held on Friday, May 9th from 6:00-10:00PM.
Amazon Associates: Got online shopping to do? Please start your Amazon shopping through our website so that LCH can receive advertising fees from your purchases.
From the District:
- Dr. Baird has provided this letter in answer to some of the questions regarding the sale of Pacific View. It is also on the district website along with a chronological history of Pacific View and supporting documents.
- Thursday 2/6 at a press conference at Ocean Knoll Elementary, EUSD was announced as the only district in the state to receive the Green Ribbon Award. This award from the US Department of Education is a huge honor and a testimony to all our staff, students, and parents who have put in countless hours to develop sustainable programs focused on green and health & wellness. Learn more here.
- EUSD has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program for 2013 to 2015 for its One to One Digital Learning Program. Learn more here.
- Please refer to this document for the EUSD PE Dress Code. Speak with your child’s teacher if you have any questions.
- You have probably heard about the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) that are being fully implemented as of next school year (2014-2015). Our district is working hard to train our staff and begin implementation. EUSD has added a page to its website with multiple links containing a wealth of information about the CCSS. Learn more here.
- You can learn more about our Health and Wellness program by visiting the district’s wellness program page here. Our district is committed to providing your children with an appetizing, nutritious lunch on a daily basis; learn more about the district’s Child Nutrition Services by clicking here. To view the EUSD Parent Brief containing topics covered at the Q&A session with Superintendent Baird and Assistant Superintendent Brady, click here (Spanish version).
- Our district has been able to create a program that maximizes the use of technology to increase students’ engagement in their learning, while providing real time formative and summative data on student performance to teachers. Click here to learn more about the One to One Digital Learning Program.
- Our district’s goal is to become a model for children nationwide in respecting and protecting the world we live in. Learn more about our Green Initiatives by clicking here.
- Seven EUSD Schools are Scheduled to Receive Validation Visits for the 2014 California Distinguished School Award. Learn more here.
- Smarter Balanced Assessment – CAASPP Update: This year California students will participate in the new Smarter Balanced Field Test, a trial run of the assessment system that will replace STAR testing. Learn more here.
- Paralympian 2018 hopeful and LCH alumni: Katrina Schaber
- 2013 STAR Testing Update: Governor Jerry Brown has signed legislation that overhauls future student assessments to align with Common Core standards, and suspends most STAR testing this year. Learn more here.